Home Insurance

Home Insurance

You are here: Home / Other Services / Insurance / Home Insurance

Often the more common insurance, you may wish to cover your building and/or contents against a range of insurable events such as fire, theft, and malicious damage, Further cover can include accidental damage and personal possessions away from the home.

Buildings Insurance

Buildings Insurance covers the cost of repairing or rebuilding your property and replacing any permanent fixtures, following damage caused by instances such as weather, fire, subsidence or flood.  It is designed to cover the overall structure of the house.

Internal fixtures including built-in kitchens, bathrooms and fixed bedroom furniture, as well as central heating and plumbing systems, should all be covered as standard.

Externally, Buildings Insurance can cover your driveway, garden path, walls, gates, hedges and outbuildings.

You will need to make sure that you insure your property to cover the full cost of rebuilding your property. This should include costs such as demolition, clearing the site, and architect’s fees, for example.

What Are you Typically Covered Against?

  • Fire and smoke damage
  • Flooding
  • Escape of water or oil
  • Subsidence
  • Vehicle impact
  • Accidental damage to glass windows and fixed sanitary ware (if selected)
  • Accidental damage to underground pipes and cables (if selected)
  • Alternative accommodation (if your home becomes uninhabitable following an insured incident)
  • Theft and malicious damage

Contents Insurance

Contents Insurance cover is a type of policy to cover all items within your home, but those that are not a permanent fixture. Typically, it could be items that you may expect to take with you when you move, or items that may exit the house with you on a frequent basis, such as a mobile phone, or watch.

If your belongings are lost or damaged because of fire, theft, storm or floods, water damage or subsidence, vandalism or malicious acts, you’ll be glad you have contents insurance.

Things that you wouldn’t normally assume are covered too, such as digital downloads, replacement door locks if you lose your keys and even items temporarily removed from the home. If something happens that causes damage to your home which means you can’t stay there, some insurers will cover the cost of alternative accommodation while repairs are carried out.

Even garden plants and food in your freezer can be covered by contents insurance.  Your items can then be replaced on an “as new” or “new for old” basis.

There are plenty of “add-ons” to consider with contents insurance, such as whether you wish to include accidental damage cover, personal possession cover outside of the home, or even Home Emergency cover which covers you against central heating disasters, power failures, and broken front door locks.

Available 7 days a week, from 9am to 9pm Click here to contact us today
What's the next steps?
Get in touch
Choose by email, phone, or face to face to meet with a qualified advisor who can talk you through the next steps.
Home Insurance
Let’s find out about you
By reviewing who you are, your aims, and what you require from your insurance, we leave no stone unturned in finding you the perfect deal.
Home Insurance
Leave the hard work to us
We search far and wide from the providers on offer to source the right policy for you.
Home Insurance
It’s application time
Once ready we will fully package your case and work with the chosen company to gain a successful decision. Just sit back and relax.
Home Insurance
You are now insured
With a successful policy you know you are covered, whatever the outcome.
Home Insurance
Read our often asked FAQs.
What insurances do we advise on?
We advise on a broad range of different insurance types including life cover, critical illness, income protection, home insurance and business protection.
Do I qualify for insurance?
This is dependent on your circumstances. Why not get in touch with one of our advisors today who will assess your current situation and draw up a bespoke solution on your behalf.
What insurance is best for me?
If you are unsure what insurance deal is best for your circumstances, then one of our experts can advise you on the best available options to ensure that you are protected no matter the occasion.
How do I apply?
To apply, all you need to do is visit our contact us page to make an appointment or request a quote.
What services do Pinnacle offer?
We offer bespoke services ranging from property sales, conventional mortgage advice through to commercial loans and home insurance.
How do I apply?
To apply, all you need to do is visit our contact us page to make an appointment or request a quote.
Available 7 days a week, from 9am to 9pm
Available 7 days a week, from 9am to 9pm